Microsoft Program Manager (PM) is a member of a software engineering team. The main focus of a PM is to make sure we build software that our customers will use and love.
Microsoft PM is a position with similar roles to those of a product manager, technical product manager, or a product owner in other international software companies. It is important to note that it is a technical role, not a role in marketing or sales, although it does have elements of evangelization and marketing. Microsoft PM is not a project manager role, so project management skills or certifications are not required, although they could help PMs in their everyday work.
All candidates with industry experience as well as recent university graduates can become Microsoft PMs.
• Meet regularly with engineering peers to design solutions, review engineering progress, solve problems, and validate solutions.
• Create schedules and project plans to keep your team on track.
• Validate results through hands-on testing, measurement, and evaluation.
• Coordinate complex hardware and software projects with internal and external partners, and work with them to resolve platform hardware, software, and service issues.
• Communicate project and program status to peers and executives.
• Bachelor or equivalent university degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Strong technical background and understanding of software engineering principles, with demonstrated ability to come up with solutions and conquer new technical domains.
• Entrepreneurial spirit – being self-starter, finisher and sociable player with a “can do” attitude.
• Experience with sensor hardware, drivers and firmware.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• A high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
• Excellent design and problem-solving skills.
Our process for Program Manager position usually consists of homework problem and interviews (for candidates who do homework problem the best). However, we might ask you to do a written programming test at the beginning of this process in addition.
Please submit your up-to-date CV and cover letter explaining why you would like to work with us. You may send them as two attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Application for Program Manager – HoloLens". Our team is going to contact you as soon as we start hiring process for this position.
This position can, but does not have to, be a position of direct employment with Microsoft, i.e. it can be a position through external agency.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental condition.